Create a maintenance program
Address your special safety and maintenance needs and requirements on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis.
Conduct regular checks of the major structural components of a bin
A systematic checklist should be developed for each of the major components.
A routine walk around of a bin should include the following major items:
- Walls and Wall Stiffeners
- Clips and Connections
- Base Contact and Sealing with the Foundation
- Visible Portions of the Foundation
- Other components such as Access Doors, Aeration Fans, Aeration Decking and Support Systems, Ladders, Roof Vents, Roof Stairs, or Roof Ladder Cleats
- For a full list of items to inspect on your specific facility, please console with your SCAFCO representative.